Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flashplayer lockup

I'm running Windows 7 on a Compaq Presario. Whenever a new version of Adobe Flashplayer comes out I avoid it like the plague.
    Anytime I download and install a new version of Flashplayer everything locks up (so to speak). Every time I click a button, it takes 5 minutes or so to respond and then another 5 minutes for the next click and so on. The only Flashplayer I can use is version 10 and earlier. It doesn't affect normal operations, only the internet operations. It does this for any version other than 10.3 which I'm using now.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi shadow35,
    WSL.JPG

Use this attachment to completely remove Adobe Flash Player uninstall_flash_player.zip

Reboot your computer before installing the latest version like this:- Installing.pdf
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

bwc (2013-02-14),shadow35 (2013-02-14)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Amazingly enough, it seems to be working!!! Many many thanks Roderunner! I think the problem must have been unlocking the program before running. I didn't ever think to check the properties before installing. Who knew it would be locked? I never saw any warnings when installing and it always seemed to complete normally. You'd think that a warning would pop up when the program was locked. Ah well. Thanks again my friend.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roderunner
    i had posted earlier in the Internet Explorer section about a problem i was having trying to uninstall and reinstall Flash Player.
    Thanks to your link and instructions i was able to uninstall and reinstall Flash and it did cure my problem.
    Thanks
    Barry

Thanks
    Your both very welcome.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.