Thread: Wordpad problem

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wordpad problem

I am using W7 x64 and due to the contingencies of what I do I use Wordpad a lot for my notes etc so that I can save in .rtf format and add pictures and graphics and it is slimmer and quicker for what I do than MS Word (2003)
    However it has been acting up a bit lately in that sometimes it opens as portrait layout and sometimes as landscape and this seems quite random, since nearly everything I do is in portrait mode it has become a nuisance.There does not seem to be any means of controlling this in Word it would be easy to set up a
    "normal" for it but there is no similar feature nor can I find an .ini file for it.

How can I make portrait the default page setup when Wordpad opens?

Help will be much appreciated

Thanks
    See one possible answer here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/want-to-change-wordpad-defaults-for-font-type-size/a99d61f2-1bc7-4f98-ba98-a30acc932e16
    E
    ssentially, you open Wordpad, type one character, set up all your defaults the way you want them and save the file. Then open the file instead of Wordpad for your next document. You can also pin the document to the taskbar.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks jwitalka
    this tip works great, I have set it up as an icon and just click when needed and since I always save as I keep the setup file.

I wonder though why MS haven't done anything about it !