Lounger
    Thanks

IE 9 crashes when downloading

Hi, I have the same problem but as I understand even though Windows 7 64 bit has two browsers, the 32 bit is the default browser unless you open IE
    with the 64 bit browser.

Now, every time I purchase something (scraps) off a website and then start to download, IE9 crashes over and over again. The note at the bottom of the screen says a problem with the website. Now does that mean every website I purchase something at? Tonight I had to close the download page and open it with Firefox and that went fine. Just how do you fix this with IE? I use 32 bit browser. My browser of choice is IE. I have Chrome installed and Firefox installed but IE is my choice.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What type of file are you downloading when this happens and do you choose run or save?

Bruce

Lounger
    Thanks
    Bruce R. I do a lot of pictures for people online. I download purchased items from Scrapbooking Sites. After I pay I get the download button. All I do is click on the button and
    I get the popup that Internet Explorer has quite working and Windows is checking for the problem. It reopens the window, I click on the download and get the same thing again. This happens every single time I try to download anything from these scrapbooking sites after a purchase. It doesn't happen anywhere else just the Scrapbooking sites but it is getting to be a pain. Do you know any way to fix this or should I just use Firefox for all Scrapbooking purchases. Thanks. I never had this problem before with IE 7 or 8.

Thanks
    I wonder if the download wishes to open a pop up window and IE is set to close all pop up windows. There should appear an option at the bottom of the browser when this happens, Allow Once or a drop down selection which includes Always allow for this site.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for you quick reply Ted Myers. I have not noticed any notices of blocking popups. I do have popup blocker active. I don't know why there would be a popup on this site the only thing showing is what I purchased and the download button. This crash happens as soon as I click the download button. Maybe I need to us Firefox for when I purchase from any scrapbooking sites. I do the the popup notice when I download from Media Fire, but I do nothing and still get the download okay.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Is it the same type of downloaded file that causes IE to crash?

Lounger
    Thanks
    When I download from Media Fire or 4 Shared, etc they are for free Scrapping items. This only happens when I have purchased something to be downloaded. Yesterday when I purchased I finally got disgusted, closed the screen with the downloads, opened it with Firefox and downloaded. Never happens when I am downloaded the free items.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I am sorry, I apologize, but I don't really know what a Scrapping item would be. Can you tell the difference between free and purchased items, are there different file formats, different protocols involved (the address starting with https, for example)?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It could be Java-related if the version on your computer hasn't been updated for more than a year:

For Java applets to run on Internet Explorer 9 browser, you need to have Java version 6.24 or higher
    Why does Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 crash after I visit a web page with Java applets?

Check your version at Control Panel, Programs and Features, Java.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-07-03 at 15:07.