Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks

AdvancedSystemCare 6 mess up registries

I had the exact same problem (endless loop of trying to restore...) happened to my Dell Latitide E6500 running Win7 x64 Pro and I got it restored based on the tip from "http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/31136/how-to-restore-previous-versions-of-the-registry-in-windows-7/". Here's what I did:

1. Once you go past the "Select Drivers" step and come to the Windows file browser, you can start poking around.

2. I'm not sure this is always the case, but in mine, I found the C drive at this point is a reserved special drive and all the regular C drive stuff will be on the D drive.

3. When you go to D:\Windows\System32\Config\ folder, hopefully, you will find the backup (before things went wild) of your registries (with lock) in the RegBack folder. Then you can copy the ones in the RegBack folder to the level up (Config). You probably should rename the ones in the Config to something like xxx.bak first before the pasting.

I found my registries were srewed up by AdvacedSystemCare 6, probably after the registry defragment. DON'T EVER DO THAT!!! Or just junk the ASC all together.

Thanks
    Some of these registry cleaners have to be used with EXTREME care! IO Bit is generally know to be a reputable developer, but just like all others of these apps, use at your own risk.

Probably the best advice would be to have a complete system Image using a reputable 3rd party imaging app prior to using these utilities so that if something goes wrong it's easy to restore your system.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12