Thanks

Junk Mail Filter stopped working - (OL 2010)

I have two mail accounts on my Outlook 2010, each one with its own and separate "Blocked Senders" list.

One of the "junk mail" filters stopped working, while the other is filtering OK.

How can I get it back working as before?

Any help is welcome.

Flores
    Both me and my Windows edition speak brazilian portuguese.

Thanks
    Is the account that is not working a Hotmail or Windows live mail account?
    From http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001040092.aspx

The Junk E-mail Filter appears to have stopped working.If you are using a Hotmail e-mail account and displaying messages in the Reading Pane, the Junk E-mail Filter may occasionally appear to stop working. When you select a message in the message list, it is downloaded so it can be displayed in the Reading Pane. Once the message is downloaded, it is evaluated by the Junk E-mail Filter and moved to the Junk E-mail folder if it is considered junk e-mail. When that message gets moved by the Junk E-mail Filter, the next message is selected. If a message is not evaluated as junk e-mail, the Junk E-mail Filter will not move the message and that message will remain selected in your Reading Pane. No further messages will be downloaded unless you synchronize your messages. To download all messages before you read them, on the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive, and then click Send/Receive All.

Thanks
    Hi jwitalka,

None of them. It is from my ISP.
    It used to filter spam without problems for a long, long time and then, suddenly, it stopped to filter.

Thanks and regards,
    Flores

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if this is relevant, depending on how you added blocked sender(s) and whether you have changed the default account, but it may be:

You may receive e-mail messages from blocked senders in Outlook 2010

Cause: You have more than one e-mail account delivering email to your Personal Folders (.PST) file. The Junk E-mail Settings, including Blocked Senders and Safe Senders lists, are specific to one e-mail account or service. When you block a sender's email address, it is only added to the Blocked Senders list for the default email account configured in the Account Settings dialog. The Blocked Senders lists for other accounts are not updated with the same email address.

To work around this issue, switch the default account in the AccountSettings dialog to the other account, and then block the same sender. This will add the sender's e-mail address to this specific account. To change the default account in the AccountSettings dialog and block the same sender, follow these steps:

1. In Outlook 2010, click File, and then click Account Settings in the Info tab.

2. Click to select the other e-mail account in the E-mail tab of the Account Settings dialog.
    3. Click Set as Default, and then click Close.
    4. Click the Home tab.
    5. Click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options. Notice the title bar of the dialog has the name of the e-mail account that is currently being configured.
    6. Add any senders to the Blocked Senders list or the Safe Senders list.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Switch your original account back to default by following steps 1 to 3 above.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2447034

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-07-03 at 18:13.

Thanks
    .....I'm not sure if this is relevant,

HI Bruce,

Thanks.
    I will follow the recommended procedure.
    Hope it works.

Regards,
    Flores

Thanks
    1. In Outlook 2010, click File, and then click Account Settings in the Info tab.
    2. Click to select the other e-mail account in the E-mail tab of the Account Settings dialog.
    3. Click Set as Default, and then click Close.
    4. Click the Home tab.
    5. Click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options. Notice the title bar of the dialog has the name of the e-mail account that is currently being configured.
    6. Add any senders to the Blocked Senders list or the Safe Senders list.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Switch your original account back to default by following steps 1 to 3 above.
    Hello Bruce,

I believe the problem is more complex.
    I have two e-mail accounts, one the default one, named "New Account", the other "Old Account".
    I followed the recommended procedures (items 1 to 5).

Changed the "Old Account", the one the JM filter is not working, to become default.

Then, at item 5 "Click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options. Notice the title bar of the dialog box has the name of the e-mail account that is currently being configured." I found the title Bar still named "New Account" when the correct should be "Old Account", the one being configured.

After several tentatives with the same result, I gave up and decided to make new experiments when my head cools down.

Thanks, and regards,
    Flores