Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Normally the add on has to be enabled. Normally when you start the browser it asks if you wish to enable the add on.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Bob,

First I've heard of a problem like that. Have you tried restarting your computer??

Zig
    d

I figure lastpass was going to send some kind of confirmation email, but it did not arrive in 30 minutes.
    That's when I tried to create a new account, but it would not let me--already have one from this addy
    So, tried to logon, but p/w would not work, and I suspect it was because it was not confirmed.
    I uninstalled fastpass--no help.
    I closed\opened browsers--no help.
    My next step is to purge the registry of any strings to lastpass, then reboot.
    Can't reboot right now--in the middle of something

update: after using add/remove prog and rebooting, the registry has over 50 folders [I lost count] and probably 300 value strings for last pass. This is another reason to distrust the add/remove feature. It does a horrible job. This is also why those dreaded reg cleaners find 1,000's of string errors. But that's another thread.

Fastpass still will not allow me to:
    1-create a new profile because my email addy is already listed
    or
    2-allow me to log on because they never did confirm my pw.

Catch 22.

I'll either try with a new user name or another prog,
    Last edited by robertpri; 2012-07-07 at 18:58.

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    Bob,

I agree, you should have gotten a "welcome to Lastpass" email - I just found mine from when I started in 1/2011 (so, I'm a packrat).

??Have you tried going to the support section at http://lastpass.com/ ???

Zig
    Last edited by Zig; 2012-07-07 at 20:46.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Bob,

I agree, you should have gotten a "welcome to Lastpass" email - I just found mine from when I started in 1/2011 (so, I'm a packrat).

??Have you tried going to the support section at http://lastpass.com/
    Zig
    I am convinced that is what happened. Without the confirmation email, then "I don't exist".

Not sure if I want to bother with tech support, but thanks for the idea.

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    Bob,

It's worth the effort, believe me.

Zig

Lounger
    Thanks
    Bob,

It's worth the effort, believe me.

Zig
    I suspect some p/w managers are worth it, and Lastpass is probably very good. But I have a major concern with something that creates over 50 folders and +300 trigger values in my registry. I don't like that at all. I will try one that is self contained without impacting the reg. I am obsessive about things altering the reg that are probably not necessary.
    Last edited by robertpri; 2012-07-08 at 15:05. Reason: typo

New Lounger
    Thanks

PwdHash

PwdHash is a clever system that uses the website domain name plus a secret word or phrase to create a secure, random password for each website. You only have to remember one word or phrase. See http://pwdhash.com for details.

Lounger
    Thanks

How about 1Password?

A colleague of mine recommends "1Password" developed by a Canadian company in Toronto. There are versions for Windows, Mac and iPad/iPhone. I haven't used it, but have seen him use it, and it seems to do everything that Roboform does, for example, AND it works with the latest versions of Firefox, which SOME versions of Roboform do not.
    It is relatively expensive: it seems to cost $49.99 for the Windows or Mac version, though there are discounts for a Family licence (5 users), and there is a trial version (30 days). The iPad app cost $14.99.
    I am going to give it a try for myself - up till now I have been using Roboform, but have found that my version does not work within Firefox, and with certain pages in IE9 it does not automatically fill forms. I do not want to get the latest version of Roboform, since it seems to be a yearly subscription fee.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Roboform is best

Hi, I support using Roboform 7. Works without hassle in all primara browsers (a.o. IE/FF/Chorme) with a user friendly roboform bar on my desktops and Android phone (special app for that purpose). Also gives the choice where to keep your data, so in the cloud is possible but not obligatory. For travelling I prefer using Roboform2Go on a USB stick. Works very safe and reliable also, because it doesn't leave any traces on guest computers. You can even prevent the master password to be caught by keyloggers with a mouse login feature. Roboform has many years of development build in, and you can notice that! Tmho worth every penny of its low price for sure. Succes.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used LastPass for a number of years. Does LastPass work in IE? Have you installed the Firefox Add-on for LastPass? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...sword-manager/

Thanks
    I have Last Pass for many years and use it successfully on IE, FF and Chrome
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used KeePass (free) for some time and keep the (encrypted) database in Dropbox. I prefer that it's a not a browser add-on, but is nevertheless very simple to use, and I'm quite confident it's as safe as it can be.

Lounger
    Thanks

I use password corral

It is very basic and simple. I like it because it is all self contained, no registry entries needed, you can put the program and encrpyted passwords in one folder. I keep it in dropbox, so I can access from all my computers.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, a combo.

I have found Last Pass (free) to be convenient and easy to use, when it works. I've also had it lose passwords and generally screw things up more than once. It did not take long to realize that I had better have my own backup that does not live in the highly touted, but not always reliable, CLOUD. Predictibly, the Last Pass folks insist that it just couldn't be them, so it's pretty mandatory that you cover your own behind. Last Pass will painlessly create a .CSV file with all its data for your local storage, and I encrypt that .CSV with the (free) True Crypt app. I use the same high security, but memorable, password for both Last Pass and True Crypt. Together, they make a handy combo. Of course, after I set up my own local password manager backup, Last Pass has never fouled up again! A corollary: For the last 40 years, I have always kept the proper air pressure in my spare tire, and check to see that I can loosen all lug nuts with the wrench in the car. As a result, in 40 years, I have never had a flat tire! So, having yourself backed up with working local storage is the key to never having a problem with your password manager! Easy, eh?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btreloar View Post
    Which of these applications can also fill in a password when required inside Quickbooks to download bank or credit card information? Or do they ojnly work inside a browser?
    KeePass is not browser-based, and can work with almost any application that asks for usernames, passwords, etc. The Auto-Type feature is highly customizable and only requires that the target window have a title; I use it all the time for non-internet applications. There are also versions available for most smartphones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast