Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I also am a happy LastPass user. Have used it for a long time. I like the fact that I can access my entire set of passwords from any computer. I am confident this is a safe PW manager. When I have had problems, I got very prompt support that solved the problems. I have the paid version, and think it is a great bargain, compared to other software programs. I have tried other password managers and always have come back to LastPass.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Another +1 for Lastpass

I'm also +1 ing for Lastpass. I've moved away from Roboform after they stopped upgrading their Lifetime license that I purchased and they stopped working with Firefox. It was a good program at one point in time, but since I've moved to Lastpass, I haven't looked back at it.

I'm wondering if
    robertpri installed the correct program?
    Lastpass has never created 50 folders on my machine(s) and he more then once called it fastpass. (could be a simple typo, but it might not be.)

Lastpass has created only 7 folders in my registry.

Perhaps this page will help him get it running properly if he wants to try again. You can Delete your account from here and Set it up again. Read the page.

https://lastpass.com/delete_account.php?np=1

Hope this helps.

Marc

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow LastPass or Roboform

If you want a cloud-based solution, then LastPass gets good reviews and has been thoroughly vetted for its security/encryption model (per Steve Gibson on the Security Now webcast, along with other recent articles).

If, like me, you like the idea of running your own apps rather than depending on whether an internet app provider is going to be around tomorrow, then Roboform has been the go-to password manager for nearly two decades. In its most recent update, it also added cloud sync as a backup for all the saved stuff (which is not only logons, but also the "identity" field info that you fill in repeatedly online). I've been using Roboform for years, and wouldn't dream of trusting my passwords to any other local client.

The cloud-based vs. local thing is a personal preference, though.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I use Last Pass. I can sign onto my account from any PC. I also use the form filler option quite often. Works very well with web forms. Speaking of form filler, the notes section is where I have stored all my keys for the apps I have purchased. This app has never let me down.
    Ted,
    Intrigued by your second sentence. I'm unable to use Lastpass on the laptop, even when in the same room as the PC - always get an incorrect password notice.

The suggestion to store keys to applications one has purchased in the secure section is brilliant. Thanks for that.

George

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    George,

I'd try reinstalling lastpass on the laptop; I use it successfully on 5 computers, desktops, laptops & netbooks.

Zig

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by georgelee View Post
    Ted,
    Intrigued by your second sentence. I'm unable to use Lastpass on the laptop, even when in the same room as the PC - always get an incorrect password notice.

The suggestion to store keys to applications one has purchased in the secure section is brilliant. Thanks for that.

George
    Thank you George. I was looking for a way to store these things. I could store then on Skydrive (Perhaps I have, I do not remember), but my Last Pass is always a click away.

I would second Zig's suggestion. I would uninstall Last Pass and start over. Something must have been mixed up during the installation.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback. What a wonderful resource this forum and all of you are. I've decided to try LastPass and am happy with it so far.
    Bill Treloar
    Rank Magic Blog

New Lounger
    Thanks

I use Password Safe

It's free, reliable, includes autotype (though I never use it), fast and very easy to use. There is an app version and it can be installed on a USB stick. So by keeping the pw DB on Dropbox I can access and update my passwords from any system anywhere including my phone. pwsafe.org.

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I use Last Pass.

With the paid version, you can use Last Pass on your phone as well.
    I just tried to download the Premium Version to be able to use LastPass with my iPhone & iPad as well.

But, it seems that you have to already have a LastPass account to be able to download the Premium Version.

Does that mean that I have to 1st download the Free Version, get a LastPass account, & then upgrade to the Premium version?

Why can't I just DIRECTLY download the Premium version?

Thanks
    I do not know. I started with the free version and upgraded. It is very simple to install Last Pass free version. I would just go that route, then get the Paid version. Save some grief.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Roboform

I use Roboform everywhere. Have been a Roboform user for 4 years with no complaints. 1st year I used the free version, and liked it so much I decided it was worth paying for. ( I contribute to good shareware too...)

I has a record feature, and does very complex forms. Plenty of room to have all of your personal info secured. This software allows me to use a 12 character, very complex password as a "Master" password, which is plenty of security from my POV.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Re RoboForm, I'm a current user - but one thing has bothered me for years: user-interface font size. It's too small for my aging eyes and I've never found a way to increase the size (for RF only).

If anyone has an answer for this, I'd be extremely grateful if you could post it here! Thx, Rob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123