3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Android phones - multiple e-mail accounts on one phone?

Since there was a thread about Android and calendar / contact sync which has been followed quite vigourously, I thought that someone might be able to assist with my simple query.... I now know that the Samsung series will sync directly with my Outlook contacts and calendar - hooray! I don't have to migrate to Google calendars and such.

I currently have a Nokia N8 and am looking to get a new phone - I love it, but there are too many dropped calls or unsuccessful calls, so it's time to move on...

The Blackberry series does not work for me, as I am now so used to a touch phone...... also the screen size and camera just don't come up to what I expect.

I am therefore looking hard at the Samsung Android range - S2 and new S3. The one criteria that I really like about my N8 is that I can add a whole lot of individual e-mail accounts that I can check separately. So here are my questions that I can't find a specific answer to:

Will the Samsung support multiple e-mail accounts? (Pop3 or IMAP)
    Will the Samsung do this without havign to combine everything into a GMAIL account?

Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated!

Thanks
    I can set up more than one account with my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (I wish I could have held off for the S3, but I needed the phone about 7 months ago) Right now I have GMail and my ISP email account on mine. I can add more email accounts if I wish. I do not know if there is a limit on the number of accounts.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    AHA! Ok - starting to sound more positive!

Is it essential that you have to use Google accounts, or can you leave it to just standard mail accounts with an ISP? We have quite intermittent 3G / internet connectivity, so not sure that sync with Google would be too effective.

Thanks
    To access the Android Market (excuse me Play Store) you have to have a Google Account, so I use this as a junk email.

Like I said, I also access my ISP email (Road runner from Time Warner - pop account) on my phone. I could also access my Hotmail if I wished. I just find accessing too many accounts on my phone, I spend all my time going thru email and not using the phone for what it is intended.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I read my mails on my laptop - but there are times when I'm away, where I need to see what's happened, or keep in contact with the office.

Interesting..... thanks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Samsung SIII Mini looking really good at the moment. My pockets are not big enough for the SIII....!

Holding on still perhaps until March when Blackberry puts out their new series of handsets. Will be an interesting one!