New Lounger
    Thanks

Space problem when Backing up with Windows 7 caused split to two drives

I backed up my desktop using the Windows program. It said I did not have enough space (I should have though).

So I used a new HD, but it backed up a second part on the second hard drive.

How do I get both parts of the backup on the second hard drive. It does not seem to want me to start the process over.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge.

I am going to put my whop hat on here (I borrowed Fred's)

I do not like the Win 7 Back up and Restore. It is just too limited! (Ok, I'm ready with hat in place)

I would recommend using a 3rd party Imaging apps. Many have been discussed in the Security and Back up Forum. There are excellent free choices or some trials of paid apps. personally, I use Acronis True Image Home, both version 2010 and 2011, very successfully, but this app is not free. I create new Images monthly and have never had a problem.

There are many others mentioned. Macrium Reflect, EaseUs ToDo v 4.5, Ghost are just a few. Generally the free versions are somewhat limited, but still better than the Win 7 Backup and Restore app (hat still in place)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I think you have to create a new backup. After the new backup has been done, you can delete both parts of the old one.

Jerry