New Lounger
    Thanks

multiple languages in Win7 Pro 64bit

I'm receiving Excel files from some people in different countries. The ones I'm getting from Poland are not opening correctly. Some letters are replaced by question marks. I'm assured they are correct on the origination side and have screenshots to prove it.

I assume I need some kind of language pack or something. IT is telling me I need to be re-imaged to Win7 Enterprise in order to install a language pack, which means I need to reinstall all my programs/settings/etc. I want to avoid that if possible.

1. Am I right in assuming I need a Polish language pack for this?
    2. If so, is there a way to install it on Win7Pro 64bit?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You could just try using Polish regional settings and see if that helps. I am not sure it will, but you can always try.

Windows 7 Ultimate also supports multiple languages. This means you can simply use a valid Windows 7 Ultimate key and do an anytime upgrade. There is no need to reinstall anything, if that is the case. Quite easy and simple to do, fast to complete.
    Last edited by ruirib; 2012-07-10 at 13:40.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I don't actually speak Polish, so I think changing the regional settings would cause a problem, right? It looks like that would mess with stuff I don't want affected.

That Anytime upgrade idea is interesting. Don't know anything about that option. I've seen references to it, but never really read enough to understand how it's different from a normal upgrade.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    The regional settings won't affect the language of the OS. There is no risk in trying. You can just select again to get back to the ones you are using now.

This explains the anytime upgrade process. You just need a Windows 7 ultimate valid key.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/wind...ade-windows-7/

Once you get 7 Ultimate, you will need to install the polish language pack and then you can switch between languages.