New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 "Task 'RR Mail - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F)

Outlook 2010 Version 14.0.6112.5000 (32 - bit) running in Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64-bit) on i7-2630QM CPU w/ 16GB RAM.
    When synchronizing (Send/Recive all folders) I get an error:
    Outlook 2010 "Task 'RR Mail - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation Faled. An object cannot be found'

This behavior started around the beginning of May 2012 after running w/o errors for 16 months. Mail synchronization done daily or more often.
    Outlook is configured with 2 accounts: Road Runner (RR) POP, and Windows Live w/ Outlook Connector, the latter used only to sync calendar and contacts with Win7 phone (mail never sent, only spam received).

The error is cast with or without messages in Outbox -- any messages present in Outbox are always sent successfully. The Outlook Send/Receive Progress box reports "3 of 4 Tasks have completed successfully" while it retries the failed Send, then reports "0 of 1 Tasks have been completed successfully. During the send 'retry' the Tasks tab of this dialog box shows 4 tasks (send and receive each for the two accounts) with all except Road Runner Send successful, afterwards only the failed "RRMail - Sending ...".

This behavior is just a nusiance since all mail is sent and received. But, it would be nice to get rid of the "error."

Any suggestions about further troubleshooting, better yet the fix, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John Montague, IEEE Life Senior Member
    Retired IT Consultant

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Have you tried the recommendation made here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2659085/en-us ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

J.M (2012-07-12)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks! That cured the problem. I don’t know why that article didn’t show up when I searched the support site back in May when the issue arose.
    There are some things that anyone following this procedure should know:
    • Before creating a new default pst, be sure to capture the file location(s) for any non default pst files that you have configured in Outlook
    • If you have additional email accounts configured (i.e., in addition to the primary one that the default pst is linked to), have the credentials for those accounts available before creating the new default pst.
    • The new default pst will be empty. To retrieve messages, calendar entries, notes, contacts, etc., you can add the old default pst as a non-default pst. Unless you had changed the display name of the account that the old default pst was linked to you will likely have two accounts named “EmailAcctName@Domain”, the new default pst at the top and the old (now non-default) pst below. To move contents to the new default pst:
      • For each folder in the old pst, display the folder and move all its contents to the same folder in the new default pst (Ctl-A to select all, drag & drop)
      • Configure the new pst folders as desired (view, reading pane, etc.)
      • Right click the old pst’s name and select Close
      • If desired, the old pst file can be deleted after Outlook is closed

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,070 Posts
    I am glad your problem is solved. Thank you, also, for the advice you have posted. It may be of use to others facing a similar situation.