drol343

Screen Saver Password

Just went to Win2000. Can I make the ScreenSaver Password act like Win98's? I don't want to have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and enter a long password. I want it like Win98... box pops up; enter SHORT password of my own selection; and back to work. Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Screen Saver Password

Not as far as I know, and not according to the Help files.

The main purpose of a password in W2K is to secure your PC - if you are happy with a short password for your screensaver, you should be happy with a short password to access your PC in the first place.

drol343

The W2K password is derived from the required Network password which necessarily requires a much higher level of security than a SSaver password. The SSaver password is only intended to prevent casual or quick viewing of the PC in an office environment that has many employees present. So different passwords can make a person happy, when the same one does not. Thanks with your help on the actual question.

Thanks

I guessed that might be the scenario, but I don't think there is an easy answer.
    There may be some 3rd party SS software available that allows you to set a separate password, but I've never come across any.