New Lounger
    Thanks

Logitech webcam problems

I have a Logitech webcam 9000on my Windows 7 machine. The webcam worked for a long time. At some point, it stopped working. What was I doing at THAT time? I wish I knew, but it happened at some point when I wasn't using the camera or microphone for a long time. In any case, none of my programs that utilize a webcam (such as Skype, for one) see the hardware. I have tried updating the drivers to no avail. I used a strong installer to remove the software and then re-installed. During installation, the install program DOES see the camera and seems to do a correct install, but at completion, Skype still does not see any camera.

Perhaps, the uninstaller is not totally doing its job or are there known conflicts with other hardware? I have been in touch with Logitech back and forth and unfortunately, they were of no help. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you...

Thanks
    Have you tested your webcam independantly of Skype?
    Is the webcam flagged in device manager?
    Perhaps the issue is with Skype. If you are unable to get skype connected to your webcam via it's properties configuration, try reinstalling it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The webcam works perfectly when I try it on a different computer
    It does not appear in the device manager
    No, I don't think it's a Skype problem since the webcam does not show up in the device manager
    I have indeed tried re-installing Skype, but the cam is not visible to ANY program...sigh. It is so strange since when I install the cam, the install software definitely recognizes the cam, but once it completes its job, the camera doesnm't seem to be installed.

Thanks
    Have you tried moving the camara to a different USB port and rebooting the computer?
    Does anything happen when you plug the USB camara in?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried different USB ports, but I would think that if there is nothing in the device manager, then it's never going to be seen. No, when I plug it in, I get no beep or other recognition.

My guess is that there is some conflict, but I just don't see it....