New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Today (Outlook 2002)

I have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2002 and I have had real difficulty getting Outlook Today to work properly in Outlook 2002. The problem is with the Messages section of Outlook Today. The problem occurs when I try to use the customization facility to select the folders that are listed - sometimes, the result is simply the phrase 'Outlook Today' repeated again and again; other times it displays folders I have selected but, when I click on the name of the folder, it simply takes me back to Outlook Today. I used this list all the time in Outlook 2000 and it will be a real nusiance to do without it.

I have tried unisntalling and reinstalling Outlook 2002 several times, but all to no avail. Is there a solution to the problem - if not, is there a way of editing Outlook Today so that it does not show Messages?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Today (Outlook 2002)

I was plagued with problems viewing Outlook Today until I reset and error to the path to outlook.htm.

Have a look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=out&Number=79462&page=&view =&sb=&o=&vc=1>this post</A> and see if it helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'd already tried that - no luck I'm afraid.

Since my origianl posting, I've now found a ,much bigger problem, namely that the Rules Wizard doesn't work properly either. I re-set all my rules after the upgrade, but they are not being applied. I then tried creating them from fresh - same problem. Any ideas?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

rules are now stored in the pst or mailbox and have been problematic on upgrades. if you don't have many, delete them and create fresh.

Also there are some know issues involving rules not firing immediately when outlook is first opened. they seem to kick in later. It seems to revolve around having two or more accounts in your profile. while it finishes loading, the transports are busing checking mail and outlook doesn't have free processor cycles to run the rules

New Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks Mary - that worked perfectly!