Lounger
    Thanks

HP Laserjet 1200 prints page at startup

No one seems to have a solution for this irritating problem. Each time I start my system my HP Laserjet 1200 printer prints a page, consisting of 15 "Happy Face" characters. I've had this printer for years, but never had this problem until I bought a new Micro Express 25B computer (that I am otherwise very happy with). I've posted on HP's forum with no helpful results. Is there a fix or workaround other than leaving my printer off until my system boots? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Open MSConfig and disable everything in the startup tab. Reboot and see if the problem still exists. If not, reenable the items one at a time until you identify the culprit.

Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks

Disabling Startup Programs Had No Effect

Thank you for the response. I tried disabling all my startup programs as you suggested, but still the one page printed. I omitted to mention that the one page prints minutes after my system has booted up, so the print command is on some sort of delay. Any other suggestions?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the task-bar see if there is an icon for the print manager just after booting. Click on it and see if any print jobs are listed and if so if they are set to auto print in printer properties or settings.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-07-17 at 18:16.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's in the options for the printer itself -- i.e., the ones accessed from the controls on the printer. Somewhere in the nested menus, there's an option to print or not print a banner page. The banner page is convenient when several workstations share a printer, since it lets the users identify their own print jobs. For unshared printers, it just wastes paper.

Lounger
    Thanks
    As best I can determine, print manager does not appear in the task-bar after booting. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer driver.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try "krsmav's" suggestion
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.