New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 updates & disappearing HP printer

Dell Inspiron Laptop, Win7 HP 64-bit & HP Officejet 4500. Every time Win 7 auto updates, the printer disappears. I have auto updates set on both, but the MS updates appear to be the culprit. I use to be able to just load HP Solutions software & the printer would return. This past update, I had to reinstall using the cd & USB cable in order to get the printer to appear in Devices & Printers. Now it's available & default printer but it won't print wirelessly like it did before. Any ideas on how to stop the disappearing printer after Win 7 updates & getting it to print again would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    stacey

Thanks
    bigwilljr suggests;I just found this solution on another forum. Not sure if it is a permanent fix, but it's a quick fix and sure beats having to uninstall and reinstall printer. Since I am connected by wireless, I followed the directions and when it said it couldn't locate my printer I entered the IP address for printer and it magically appeared again and is working.
    Scroll down alittle to find this;http://www.fixya.com/support/t115935...ling_itself_or
    I hope this helps.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chowur For This Useful Post:

slf (2012-07-23)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link. I tried a few of the things mentioned & we'll see what happens the next Win7 update. Appreciate the reply!

stacey