3 Star Lounger
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Page Number to Exclude Count for Title page and TOC

I distribute a large Excel workbook with about 50 worksheets plus one sheet each for the Title and Table of Contents which in total prints on 83 pages. I have set Header/Footer |Custom Footer |Right Section to Page &[Page] of &[Pages] on all sheets except the Title and TOC. The first sheet I want pagination to appear on is set to One for Page Setup First |Page Number and Auto for all the rest. As a result of these settings, the last printed and numbered page is 81 of 83 (should be 81 of 81).

I tried "Page &[Page] of &[Pages]-2" (without the quotes) in a test file but that seems to just tack on the 2 two whatever page number has been calculated.

What is the solution that does not require manually editing the Header/Footer settings for each of the 50 or so worksheets each time I add or delete a worksheet?
    Last edited by Arcturus16a; 2012-07-18 at 11:44.

Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
    In cases like this, I've always manually added the total number of pages. I'll be interested if there is a non-vba solution.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile