Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Combine Desktop Rt Clk & Power (button) Options

I had given a Power button on Taskbar here - http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ton-on-Taskbar

I offer you, now, a way to Rt Clk on the Desktop & have all that Rt Clk normally gives + cascade to Power (button) options as well. Eliminates need to have Power button on Taskbar & combines 2 things into 1.

Credit for these goes to Don from another Tech Forum.

Hello all,

Back again with another "Power Option", only this one is a cascading menu, placed via registry script in to the "Right Click Context Menu"

And once again, thanks to Vishal for the creation.
    View the article/tutorial and a few other tips to add to Windows 7 & 8

http://www.askvg.com/add-cascading-m...ndows-7-and-8/

Direct Zip Download:

http://media.askvg.com/downloads/201...ntext-Menu.zip

Note: For Windows 7 & 8 only
    Hope you find these useful

So, now, you have 2 choices... Normal Rt Clk on Desktop & Power button on Taskbar OR BOTH via Rt Clk on Desktop

The combined choice, I suggest, is the best, as it has everything one would want w/ no 'configuring'.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2012-07-19 at 00:18.

Thanks
    Very nice, and easy to add. These various options to add these things are numerous. And some people think this is a hard OS to use.

As we get closer to October 26th I will be moving most of the things I wish to save to my data partition to keep it safe during my Win 8 Pro installation. Most is there already. This is another I will save.

My thought is to Create an Image for Win 7 Ultimate, then replace Win 7, using a Clean Install of course, then grabbing everything I wish from my present Win 8 RP installation before eliminating it. If I think I need it, I can always put Win 7 into the second partition if I wish. Who know.
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-07-19 at 05:30.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Yes, this IS nice, Ted. Personally, I think it might well be even better than the Taskbar Power button which, I've, now, removed from there... don't need both & it's (now) 1 less thing on the Taskbar. I dropped the Programs Toolbar... everything in that was/is, already, in the Applications folder or in the Desktop Toolbar.

Nope, it's sure not hard to use. Sad, really, that there is a myth being propagated suggesting, by the na´ve to the na´ve, that it is.

Don't reckon most folks would not need both (or + Vista & XP as virtual machines). Ppl like me do (need all that) and we all know why but, for most, 1 OS is enough.

Cheers,
    Drew