2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash crashing, this is a new problem

Hi, I searched first and only found a thread from 2010. Recently Adobe flash has been problematic, crashing more then working. I've done some looking and found some suggestions to uninstall Flash and reinstall an older version. I tried and that didn't work (wouldn't install) went back to Adobe an reinstalled the latest version 11.3.300.265, seems to not have changed anything. I can't be the only one having this problem and, of course, Adobe, is no help. Any suggestions out there, you guys have in the past helped me with all sorts of issues, thank you for that, maybe someone has a thought about this issue.
    Info.... Win7, 64bit, two year old+ HP dv7t 1000, 4 GB Mem, I use FF, all the time and have the plug-in installed. This probably started with an Adobe update, but I can't put an exact time when it started. My PC skills are just over greenhorn and the PC is used mostly for surfing, mail, and watching movies. Any help would be appreciated.....Stan

New Lounger
    Thanks

Flash intermittant crashing

Hi rubinontheroad; Sorry this reply is a bit late, but just in case you have not resolved your issue this might help.

There has been loads of chatter on-line about serious security breaches using a fault in Java Software.

It is important that you do not ignore these upgrades from Java, first go to 'Add On' found on Tools menu (Firefox)
    click the blue link at top of page asking to check if plug-ins are correct. When this shows the 2 Java files as out of date
    leave this page without doing any thing.

Open the 'Control Panel' Open Program & Features, Un-install both Java programs and Reboot.

Go back to Add -Ons via Tools menu and again select blue link at top of page asking to check if plug-ins
    are correct. The 2 out- dated will appear Red, Up-date both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions, when complete
    and showing as finished shut down windows and again Reboot.

FYI the security hole was allowing 3rd parties to get into your machine and install Key-loggers, Take control of your
    emails and see who you contact, from this they build up a profile of your habits on-line.
    So you can see why this Security Up-date has been released in a big hurry. Oracle the firm that makes Java admits the hole
    but has worked hard on a fix. Fingers crossed.

I suggest after completing the above you run Spy-Bot Search & Destroy (don't forget to update S&D prior to scanning) or similar prog.

Cheers Graham
    Last edited by blackdog147; 2012-09-13 at 13:17.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What's the link between Flash stability and Java security?

Bruce

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all you guys, after the new update from java the proble seems to have gone away. I will save the instructions for use if the problem returns. Once again thanks for taking the time to help......Stan

New Lounger
    Thanks
    JavaScript is THE scripting language of the Web.
    JavaScript is used in billions of Web pages to add functionality, validate forms, communicate with the server, and much more.
    To learn more about JavaScript:

Click here…http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_intro.asp

JavaScript vs. Java

JavaScript and Java are two completely different languages, in both concept and design.
    Java (developed by Sun Microsystems) is a more complex programming language in the same category as C and C++.
    Flash:

The Adobe Flash player allows you to view and interact with animations and multimedia on websites. All major internet browsers are able to understand Flash.
    To watch Video about Adobe Flash Player

Click Here… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQTnnIXdso

Hope this helps you understand the problem better.
    Cheers Graham.