Thanks

Who wants to be in the PC Business - Not Dell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Companies should stick with what they are good and find ways to leverage those markets. Dell is pretty good with data center hardware (servers and storage) and PCs, but horrible at IT services which is where they are trying to make a dent. We used to use them for a couple of things, including licensing. They took a good company (ASAP) and flushed it down the toilet. We use someone else now. They never even bothered to ask why we went with a different vendor.
    Chuck

Thanks
    How can the #2 PC maker, also make the worse PC?
    It's got to be all the advertising that they do, or maybe the low prices.
    Dell advertises more than any other PC maker and yet they have the worse product.
    What's wrong with this picture?

It's gotten to where I even hate to take a service call on a Dell computer.
    Yes, I'm still a working Tech., so I see all makes, models, types and styles.

The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    Not only are there too many computer manufacturing companies competing in the marketplace right now, especially in this economy, but many people just don't need a full fledged desktop computer anymore.
    With all the smart phone and tablet choices out right now it's the natural choice for many.

If you want the best desktop computer you've ever owned, build it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Doctor, I have to ask, is Dell really the worst? Or is it just a disproportionate number you see? Also, are you supporting any corporate customers, or just home users? I think that may make a difference. We have well over 1k Dell PCs at work and a lot of Dell server and storage products. Their support has been nothing short of excellent and the reliability has been as good as any other brand I've worked with in the past. For home use, I've owned 3 Dell laptops in the past 8 years or so. The only time I had to call for support was when trying get a set of installation disks. It was an out of warranty laptop that I was putting a larger HD into. The tech insisted there was "something wrong with my machine" so that he could send the disks out for free.
    Chuck

Thanks
    I also supported a Dell business customer and he got outstanding service when a part on his PC died. I have another home customer who had a Dell for over 6 years with no problems.

Jerry