New Lounger
    Thanks

how to change the animated gif? (IE6)

Hi,
    I installed my ISP dialup program and it changed the animated picture of the IE which is on the upper right hand corner to their company logo. How do I change it back to the original one, which is something like a rotating earth and the windows logo.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to change the animated gif? (IE6)

Hi
    You don't say which IE you're using on what OS, but one way to do what you want is to get Xteq (from my web site), which is a tweaker which lets you change the IE logo, the toolbar wallpaper and the Windows Title.

Rgds

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am using IE6 on Win98. What I interested to know is where the old and new pic are most likely to be found in so I can do a swop. Or do I have to tinker with the registry to do that? I will check out your program. Thanks.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    No Registry hacking needed with Xteq. As for where your logos are, you will need to look around your system. Let's put that another way : I don't know where the orginal IE logos are located. When you find them, perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know? However, in Xteq if you clear both the fields where you can enter the picture paths, it will give you the IE defaults. This is especially useful, as in your case, when an ISP has hijacked your IE set up.

Rgds

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I found this in a old Access db that I have. It is from Lockergnome
    ================================================== ===================================
    "Lockergnome Tip"
    Has anyone used the following tip from the Lockergnome?
    GnomeTIP
    "When it comes to sponsorship, branding is good. When it comes to Web browsers, branding is not so good. When you surf the Net, is Internet Explorer semi-skinned by a company's name and spinning logo? Get it outta there! That is, if you so desire. First, be sure all browser windows are closed completely. Then, click on the Start button, run the 'Run' applet, and enter: "rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear" (sans quotes). Press 'OK' and presto! Restart IE and everything should be hunky dory. This tactic will also work when IE's interface isn't working as well as it should. Restoration is so refreshing, especially when you didn't want it in the first place. NOTE: this should work on all platforms running IE 4.x or 5.x. I don't believe that IE 2.x is supported. Anybody still running that?!"
    ================================================== ===================================

To change the Title bar go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q176/4/97.ASP> How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title</A>

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    If you use the Lockergnome tip above to restart IE, note that it also resets your toolbar wallpaper to none, and your Windows IE title to the default.
    Xteq is the answer - and it can do a whole lot more besides.

Rgds