Thanks

Word Form to Excel or Other Database

I have a Word document (attached) used to evaluate hotels as suitable locations for military reunions. In its present form, it gets printed out and people at the hotel fill in the information by hand (blanks, check boxes, etc.).

The people who fill it out would really like to be able to do so on their computer. I know how to do that by using MACROBUTTON fields, and I think I could "computerize" this form pretty easily, letting people fill it out on their computers.

But what I REALLY want to do is to let the users fill it out in such a way that I could print out each user's form for review, AND somehow capture all their inputs in Excel or some other database program.

I've worked with several "fill out the form" programs, and I could use one of them here, but none of them have the form layout capability that Word has.

I want to maintain control over fine details of the form itself, (hopefully by keeping the basic design in Word), but let the users fill it in on their computers, and ultimately capture the data from many forms into a database. I'm pretty well skilled in Word and Excel, and I've done a few projects in Access, but my Access skills are stale. I have access to some Adobe PDF software, and I know that it has some "fill in the blank" capabilities, but I've never used that part of it.

Who can suggest a method, of a strategy, or some software, or ???.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    Version of Word? It may matter.

The macrobutton field is wonderful for simple computer fill-in forms in Word but has no data component to it.

Look into the Forms toolbar (Developer tab in later versions).

Here are some references:
    Extract Data From Forms and Content Controls
    Please Fill Out This Form
    (If using Word 2007 or later) Add Classic FormField Controls to Ribbon
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks
    The document is now in Word 2003. I have Word 2010 and use it, but am not yet expert.

I'll check your recommendations when I get back from traveling next week. Thanks for the help.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I would suggest you have a look at online survey website tools such as SurveyMonkey which are specifically designed for this type of task (and can be free to use).

Whilst you can do it in Word, there is a lot more setup time and the end result is going to be a lot more time to administrate.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia