justmeleah

O2K SR1 (new install) won't stay open (Office 2K)

Loaded original O2K premium on Dell PC w/Win2K. Went to get SR1a from MS. They had an online install, instead of download and install. Did that. Rebooted. Then, couldn't keep any office app open for longer then 5 seconds. Repaired installation - still nothing stayed open. Had to completely uninstall, and re-install. This time, I'm not going to do the SR1 update. Any one heard of this problem? I've been using O2K sr1a on other pcs with out this problem for years.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: O2K SR1 (new install) won't stay open (Office 2K)

As I recall, must keep the original Off 2k CD in the drive for sr1a to update, whether online or from the *.exe that downloads to hd.

Thanks

One common reason Office apps close themselves immediately is a license key problem:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/5/03.ASP>Q255503 - OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied</A>

justmeleah

License problem is what is was. The co. had put Pro on, from CD. I uninstalled, and put Premium, on, my copy (yes, I'm a registered user). But, I couldn't find my key, so I got one from a trusted source. Then with the update, it must have driven them crazy. I had just never seen this particular problem, with no error messages, before. -- Leah