New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up Removing PDF Attachments from Email Without Any Notification

I have an issue with outlook randomly removing my inbox pdf attachments. My clients frequently send pdf attacments that are 2-15 mb in size. Approx 1-2 times a day I will find that outlook has removed the pdf attachment from a recipients email without any kind of notice. I am able to login on my server webmail and find the attachment. I have tried all the level2 remove garbage to to avail. Its very frustrating and bad for business. Can anyone help?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    by the way, I am using Outlook 2010 business

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's not an uncommon problem, and there's no real solution here; PDF Attachments not seen by some recipients of OUTLOOK 2010 emails?

But I wonder if your ISP has a maximum size for emails or attachments, and whether they could be getting stripped out there?

Outlook classifies 1MB emails as huge and 5MB emails as enormous. Could these PDFs be zipped to reduce the size?

My ISP, Comcast, has a 15MB email maximum; but practically that means a 10MB attachment maximum.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply BruceR, blocking by my ISP is something I have I had not thought of. Time to call the big bad ISP company. I will let you know if I hear anything worth note from them.

Thanks again!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I contacted my ISP (Comcast) and with their help went into my online preferances and was able to stop all filtering. I had one of the recipients resend the attachment that hadnt come through previously and now it seems to have worked. You just might have helped me regain some sanity!! time will tell (about my sanity). Thanks again,