3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Screen write problem with Opera - is it really Opera's doing?

I use Opera as my primary browser, but switch over to IE9 or Waterfox when there's a site problem or I need to print. Starting with a late Opera 12 beta or RC (about May 15) and continuing with both public and development releases of 12.xx, I've had a screen rewrite problem with some sites. Though it's not all the time at those sites -and there are new ones that come along - but when it does occur it invariably starts when I scroll down one or more screens and always on the left side. Patience or reloads resolve it, but sometimes it takes a few of the latter.

I've included a couple of screenshots to give an idea (the NY Times one was four screens down and after the third reload). When it occurs, I often switch over to one of the other browsers to check, but it never happens with them, whether by chance or programming differences. Although I filed a bug report with Opera back in May, I'm posing this here to get other, hopefully more expert opinions, about whether this is likely really caused by Opera or something else, perhaps the GPU (Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate, purchased in March). I haven't seen any other general problems with graphics apart from this. Any thoughts? Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by highstream; 2012-07-27 at 18:22.

mart44
    I wonder if it's anything to do with hardware acceleration being enabled. Have you enabled it? If not (settings still at 0), you could try enabling it to see it makes a difference. About hardware acceleration:

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog...on-in-opera-12

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks. HWA has been disabled since early on when it caused a lot of problems and Opera suggested turning it off.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Check also that hardware acceleration is disabled in all browsers you are using in case it sticks to last browser used.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure why HWA would stick between browsers when two of the three are usually closed, but disabled HWA in IE9 and Waterfox, closed all browsers, reopened Opera and went to the right screenshot's site in the OP (four times). You can see the typical difference below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by highstream; 2012-07-30 at 09:55.