Star Lounger
    Thanks

Consistent video problems with Firefox

Has anyone noticed a consistent problem with Firefox not playing or even displaying videos on some fairly popular news sites? I've been using NoScript for quite a while, and had gotten used to the need to occasionally allow a particular streaming source to see a video. However, lately, fewer and fewer videos will play, even after I select "temporarily allow all" or even "allow everything, you fool" modes. I can play the same videos within IE or Chrome. This is happening on both of my systems (one an XP SP3 and the other an equally updated Vista). I tried completely uninstalling Firefox and its add-ons (only exporting the bookmarks) and reinstalling from a fresh download with only NoScript, and it did not help. Any suggestions? One system is running Security Essentials and the other Avast Free and there do not seem to be any security problems. Thanks!

Thanks
    Did you try viewing a video with Noscript disabled?

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imjcarls View Post
    Has anyone noticed a consistent problem with Firefox not playing or even displaying videos on some fairly popular news sites? I've been using NoScript for quite a while, and had gotten used to the need to occasionally allow a particular streaming source to see a video. However, lately, fewer and fewer videos will play, even after I select "temporarily allow all" or even "allow everything, you fool" modes. I can play the same videos within IE or Chrome. This is happening on both of my systems (one an XP SP3 and the other an equally updated Vista). I tried completely uninstalling Firefox and its add-ons (only exporting the bookmarks) and reinstalling from a fresh download with only NoScript, and it did not help. Any suggestions? One system is running Security Essentials and the other Avast Free and there do not seem to be any security problems. Thanks!
    You are not alone, I have tried removing 'NoScript' without correcting this. However that is all the troubleshooting I have done, my life is really no less full without the videos. If I do find a reason/solution I'll try to remember to post it here, but I'm not looking very hard.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(