4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form, hiding/unhiding active X controls & maintaining position

Dear loungers,

I haven't quite got to the bottom of this problem but write now in case it is familiar to anyone.

I have inherited a form created in Excel which uses a mixture of excel cells and active X controls. It has a section that needs to be hidden most of the time, nn the body of the form a button exists that basically says "show" the section. This section is a few rows and some active x controls - 18 list boxes and a command button, the button says "hide" the section. This has been done with rows as deep as the list boxes with the list boxes positioned over and therefore within the row, there are five such rows, this has let us add labels for the list boxes using the excel cells rather than an active X label.

What is happening and I can't quite work out when and why is that the list boxes sometimes reorganise themselves and end up sitting on top of each other. This may be because of code failure while testing, although I am not moving the shapes so i wouldn't expect bugs to cause this.

How can I ensure that the position od the active X controls remains unchanged on hide & show?

Thank you........... liz

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This problem continues.

How do I "fix" the position of active x controls such that when rows are hidden and unhidden they remain where they are supposed to be?

I have now fixed the object positioning to be "move with but don't resize and I hope this cures the problem.
    Last edited by lizat; 2012-08-10 at 09:03.