Thread: Outlook 2012

New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2012

Is there anyway of creating a rule that will automatically delete unwanted repeat offending emails?

I currently have a rule set up which will move unwanted emails from the inbox to the Junk folder for which I would then need to delete at the end of the week. I want to by pass this process and have them deleted automatically, can this be done?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,
    Welcome to the Lounge.

Sorry, there is no Outlook 2012. Are you talking about Outlook 2010 or the beta Outlook 2013?
    Also, you want these emails deleted automatically, instead of being moved to the Junk folder or deleted automatically at the end of the week?
    Last edited by ruirib; 2012-08-02 at 07:21.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I meant Outlook 2010.

I want to have these deleted automatically either via the Inbox as soon as they come in or via the junk folder and then deleted without me having to delete them manually!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    The rule to move them to the Junk folder, did you create it or are you using the default Outlook behavior for junk mail handling?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I created it by right clicking on the email from within the Inbox and selecting rules, create rules

Administrator
    Thanks
    You can simply edit that rule and change it so that it deletes immediately, instead of moving to the junk folder. You can just click Rules, in the Move group in the Home tab and select Manage Rules and Alerts. Click the rule you want, choose Change Rule, then Edit Rule Settings, and follow the wizard, choosing delete it or permanently delete it at the 2nd step of the wizard.