Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Nice Item on Desktop Toolbar

Re: Control Panel

Was a time when going to CP would show all its content, all its individual components. But, can go to CP & see 'categories' & maybe, wonder which has the item sought, @ that moment. CP @ the bottom-left corner is as such. CP from All Apps is the same. However, you may not realize, there is a CP that lists all its items; it is found in the Desktop Toolbar (as, easily, are many other, handy, things).

Screenshot (32).JPG

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    There are many ways to accomplish almost anything in Win 8. I did try this method, but found drilling down to the item I wanted just seemed to take me too long. This is one reason why I installed Classic Shell. I have control Panel set as a Menu Item. With this I click on the Classic Shell Start Shell (instead of orb, it is shell shaped), Hover my cursor over CP and it opens. Fewer clicks saves me time.

The reason I customized Win 7, and now Win 8 RP was to make my life easier. These customizations are not "necessary" but makes my job somewhat easier for me. All the hubbub about having to customize Win 8 RP is irrelevant in my case, as I spent as much time customizing Win 7 as I have Win 8 RP. The Win 8-Style UI versus Desktop UI is a less than 30 second change. You just move the Desktop Tile to the upper left. You do have to hold down the Enter key for a couple of seconds when you first sign on, but that is a non-issue.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Just have to hit/tap ENTER... just 1 quick tap does it (for me).

-----------------
    Regarding CP...

Merely letting folks know what's available. Whether anything is added to the OS or not.

Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    One of the joys of using Windows over some other OS (to be left un-named) is that it IS so customizable. You can change things so they work best for you. No need to be stuck with a concept someone else thought would be good. If you don't like the way Windows looks, change it!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy