stevepaul

Translating dates into English (A2K)

Our Company (UK HQ) has 67 offices world wide, each electronically send information to our main DB in London each night. Because 15 years ago it was not envisaged that computers would make a big impact in our market each office was allowed to develop there own computer set ups and choice of DB.

Our IT guys have done a great job and with one exception all of the information is translated OK and updates the main DB.

The one problem we have is with our 7 N. American sites because the dates come over the wrong way round. They are also using A2K with the same service packs as we have but how can we turn them back round the right way, ie. swap around the first 2 numbers for the second two.

Any help appreciated.

Steve Paul

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Translating dates into English (A2K)

The problem may be on how they are being formatted. If you use formats like "dd/mm/yy", then you'd have to change all your formats. If they are using "short date", etc., then Access should format the date based on local Windows settings. At least, that's the theory.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Translating dates into English (A2K)

Your reply to my 1st message somehow got lost. But anyway, as I was rereading your post, I noticed you mentioned how the N. America data was coming over and updating your db. How is this being done? If it is via a comma-delimited text file, then this requires no more than you redefining your input specs, to read dates as mm/dd/yy (or for them to output their dates as dd/mm/yy).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.