New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Hypervisor SERVER and Dell OpenManage

Greetings:

I have a Dell T710 PHYSICAL server. I do NOT want to run any true OS (such as Server 2008, SBS, etc) but rather is simply Microsoft's Hypervisor, ie, "Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008" (not to be confused with the Hyper-V "role" built into Server 2008.

My question is:

If I am running just this Hypervisor, how do I also run Dell's OpenManage and IT Assistant programs so I can monitor the health of the PHYSICAL T710 server?

Any one have any ideas?

TIA,

Jim

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jgutman For This Useful Post:

kaybee (2014-03-06)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    OpenManage on a monitored server requires only the OM services and SNMP, not IT manager. As long as you can load these you can monitor the server - I haven't tried this, don't have a Hyper-V machine.

This doco from Dell should help.

cheers, Paul