Folks,

I have had a perplexing problem that has bothered me to no end. For some inexplicable reason, Outlook 2000 SR-1a no longer allows me to click on a hyperlink in a plain text email and see the resulting webpage if a web browser window is already open.

Curiously, if no other browser windows are open, clicking on the link will open the browser and display the page. This will not work, however, if the browser window is already open. The window focus will change to the browser, but nothing will happen. My mail messages contain multiple links, and it is annoying to have to click on the link, read the article, close the browser, and click on the next link to just see the websites in question. Interestingly, clicking on hyperlinks work as expected in Outlook Express though.

I have tried resetting the default file action in Windows to no avail as per the MS KnowledgeBase, and I am really stumped as to what is causing this. I am running Windows 2000 SP1 with Office 2000 Premium SR-1a. Outlook is configured in IMO mode.

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Jason