New Lounger
    Thanks

E-mail from safe sender not arriving in inbox with Windows Live Mail

My wife and I both subscribe to a newsletter which should arrive in our emails. I am using Outlook 2010 and having no problems. My wife is using Windows Live Mail and the newsletter has stopped being delivered. I have checked to see that the newsletter email address is in her safe senders list and it is. Belt and braces, I also checked that there wasn't a duplicate entry in the blocked senders list. There isn't. I have added the domain address as a safe sender. I have even reduced the security level. All to no avail. She still isn't receiving the newsletters. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premiium.

Any suggestions as to how to get the newsletters arriving in her inbox again? They are not arriving even in the junk folder.

Thanks
    Have you subscribed using different mail addresses. Do you sign-in to WLM ????
    Jim.
    May you live as long as you want, and want to as long as you live.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My wife has been using the only email account she has which is an @live.co.uk mail address. I also have an @live.co.uk mail address which I have been getting the newsletter on. I use Outlook 2010 to read and send my emails. Up till now my wife has been using Windows Live Mail to read her emails. As an experiment, I set up her account on Outlook 2010 on her computer and she is still not getting her newsletter emails. I personally think it is something which has gone wrong at the sender's end of things, but they don't seem to agree. That is why I have put the question to the lounge to see if anybody else has had similar problems and see if there is a solution I have missed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You both use the same email provider, so I don't see how the same server would reject the email for a user and reject it for another, unless the rejecting user would have the sender blocked.

I would suggest trying with a new email address, even if temporary, from a known but different email provider, such as google. You can even configure google (gmail) to redirect to the live.co.uk address without any intervention from you, each time the newsletter is received, once you are sure google is receiving it or just change the email address back to hotmail / windows live.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for that suggestion Ruirib. Funnily enough the temporary change and then changing back was the only other thing I had thought of trying. Like you, I cannot understand why I can get the emails and my wife cannot. I have checked and the domain and individual email addresses for the newsletter are in the safe sender list.

Thanks
    The Safe Senders list only prevents sender Emails from going to the Junk Email folders, not deleting or rejecting it. To do that you would have to have set up a rule for it. So the only way you would not be geting the newsletter Emails in either the inbox or junk mail folder would be:
    1. Wrong to: email address. (Wrong suscriber email address)
    2. ISP junk filter removing the Email. Many ISPs allow you to see the emails they filtered to junk via thier web email access page
    3. Windows live Mail rule set up to delete Emails from this domain or email address.

Jerry