Star Lounger
    Thanks

Customised images in Customised Ribbon are corrupting my template

Alrighty....

I am developing a template and have created a customised ribbon.

I used Andy Pope's RibbonX tool to develop the ribbon. I have done this before and have not had any problems. Today, when I add my customised images (created using MS Paint), I can add them successfully and save the file, but when I try to open a new document based on my template I get a message to say that my Word template is 'corrupted'. (I backed up my template so to get it to work again I have to restore it.)

I created my images by opening existing customised images, changing them, and saving them as .png files with a new name. The original images work. (i.e. I can successfully create a Word document based on the template and I can see the image on the ribbon). The new images don't work. (My template is corrupted.)

I have tried adding the images by using the Custom UI Editor for MS Office. My template is not corrupted, but the images are not displaying on my toolbar (I get a blank space where they should be).

The only difference I can find between my original images and the new ones, is the originals have a bit depth of 24 while my new ones have a bit depth of 32. I have searched but I can't find a way to successfully update the bit depth. (And I don't know if this is the cause of my problem - it's just the only difference I've found.)

Has anyone had a similiar problem, and if so, how did you get around it?

Something I just thought about (after I made the above post):
    Last time I created images and added them to a ribbon was on a different PC. I have access to three. I am using the newest which has Windows 7. The other two run XP. I have now created images on all three computers and the bit depth on the oldest (and slowest) is 24. The others are 32. Before you get excited (like I did), these images did not work - that is, I got the same results as above where my template got corrupted.

Looks like my theory about bit depth is wrong.
    Last edited by Niki B; 2012-08-15 at 01:28. Reason: Added further information

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Man oh man. I am soooo thick. I found my problem (nothing like leaving it for a couple of days and coming back to it late one night). When I named my png files, I put a space in some of the names. I've just deleted all spaces and have managed to successfully attach 2 of the icons! Yahooo!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Well done and thanks for posting back on your solution. Spaces in file names is an easy trap to fall in to.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia