Thread: Bad hair day.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bad hair day.

I couldn't install my Win7 updates normally yesterday; it would reboot then abort the install recovering from the recovery point. Had to literally install one or two of the updates (and reboot after each) for the updates to install (note, the Office updates installed at the first update with no hitch; just the Windows updates had a coniption). Don't know why; weird. Needless to say, I had a bad day yesterday. Maybe today will be better. Appreciate you all tolerating my spiel. lol

Any thoughts why I had to use such an arcane procedure to install OS updates for 64-bit Win7? Very strange indeed. At least I didn't have to download the individual updates and run them as Administrator (had to do this before for a few when I first installed Win7 now a few years ago).

Thanks
    I couldn't say, but it wouldn't be the first time that installing multiple differing updates didn't jive.
    Now I get in the habbit of just downloading and installing similar category updates first, then move on to the rest, after a full reboot of course.

I think WU is far less stable if one has many updates of differing categories to install all at once.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply CLiNT; still sad. Can't even imagine a not so pithy end user doing their updates and having to go through this. Let's just hope it's my particular (and aging) 64-bit system. lol

Thanks
    Nope, that issue comes up on my system too on occasion if I have to install alot of updates at once, and I do mean alot, like 30-50 MB or more worth[?]
    Not always, but just occasionally.