3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Epson Artisan 800 ink pads - end of service life

My wife and I both have Epson Artisan 800 printers - I'm using her old one from 2009. In June, I got this error message:
    "The printer's ink pads are nearing the end of their service life. Please contact Epson support."

Last month, I got a similar error message, which told me I could not print - and to simply turn the printer OFF. If you Google that error message text, you'll see LOTS of unhappy customers.

The first line of defense is to reset the error message, using a utility that Epson provides. But that fix only lasts for a few pages. In less than a week, it told me I could not print - and to simply turn the printer OFF.

I'm a bit skeptical of some of the "permanent" solutions that are offered. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I would love to know, since I have friends who also purchased the same printer. Are we are all going to have to deal with this problem?
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is a link to one of the "permanent" solutions, from OctoJet. I would love to know if anyone has used this successfully.
    Rick Groszkiewicz

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    Here is a link to one of the "permanent" solutions, from OctoJet. I would love to know if anyone has used this successfully.
    Guess nobody else has this printer ... I just ordered the waste ink kit from OctoJet today.
    Rick Groszkiewicz