Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Secunia.com -- Reminder Service

I, and many people I know, have used Secunia.com's free Reminder Service in connection with Secunia’s Online Software Inspector. However, for quite some time now, no reminder e-mails have been forthcoming. Secunia’s Web site still offers the Reminder Service, and I haven’t read anything (in Windows Secrets or elsewhere) about the service having been discontinued. I’d ask Secunia about this, but I don’t see a “Contact Us” link on their Web site.

Is the Reminder Service still functioning?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Reminder service is part of their Online Software Inspector. They have a support forum specific to OSI. That seems the place to ask for support: http://secunia.com/community/forum/osi/

T
    he service is still offered, so I would think it is still functioning.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    The service is still offered, so I would think it is still functioning.
    That's part of my inquiry. One can still subsccribe to the Reminder Service, yet it has been months since I (or any of the many people I know who are also subscribed) have received a reminder e-mail. Secunia's OSI forum has proved unhelpful. Surely many Windows Secrets subscribers have used the Reminder Service. I was (and am) hoping to hear from them.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I use PSI and to be honest, I had never heard of the Reminder Service. Our readership is vast, though, and hopefully you will be able to get some feedback from them.

Thanks
    RUI, its an option with the On Line version of PSI. You get an Email suggesting a new run of OSI every time they update their database.

Spock, you could try signing up again with a new Email address if you have a second one. You could always get a free Email address from Windows Live, Yahoo, or Google. A throwaway account is useful anyway for On line usage where you suspect the possibility of Spam when a web page wants an Email address.

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    RUI, its an option with the On Line version of PSI. You get an Email suggesting a new run of OSI every time they update their database.
    Jerry
    Yes, I realized that, Jerry, thanks .

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Spock, you could try signing up again with a new Email address ...Jerry
    Jerry,

I am already subscribed to the Reminder Service with multiple addresses, and am no longer receiving Reminder e-mails at any of them. Also: A number of people who are also subscribed to the service, and who also used to receive Reminder e-mails, have told me that they, too, are no longer receiving them.

-- Lee

Thanks
    That's strange. You might want to post this on the Secunia OSI Forum here:
    http://secunia.com/community/forum/osi/

There's currently no mention of the problem there.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You might want to post this on the Secunia OSI Forum ... Jerry
    Jerry,

Alas, if only I could. I have tried multiple times, on multiple days, to register for that forum, all to no avail. Despite all of my attempts, with multiple password resets, I keep getting the message, "Wrong username or password."

Thanks for searching that forum. I, too, found no mention of the issue there. Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

-- Lee

Administrator
    Thanks
    I may be wrong, but I seems to remember that all I needed to post at their forum was to fill in the data for a community profile, in PSI itself and then click the forum link, again from PSI and you're logged in and can post. Don't think I ever needed to worry about a password, to be honest.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I may be wrong, but I seems to remember that all I needed to post at their forum was to fill in the data for a community profile, in PSI itself and then click the forum link, again from PSI and you're logged in and can post. Don't think I ever needed to worry about a password, to be honest.
    You can't post without a password, and most users of OSI (the topic here) wouldn't have PSI anyway.

Bruce

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you say so.

I am able to login simply by choosing to visit the forum from PSI, even after having explicitly logged out from the forum, though and I really have no memory at all of having created a password.

Thanks
    I was just at the Secunia Forums and it looks like you were able to post this issue there. Let us know if you get a good answer.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry,

My post has been on Secunia's forum for 4 days now, and has more than 60 views, yet there isn't a single reply. Is not 1 of those 60 people subscribed to the Reminder Service? Does Secunia not have Sysops or others on their staff who monitor and reply to forum posts? (Those are rhetorical questions.)

As for my post here, we are no closer to an answer, notwithstanding more than 260 views. I thought that Secunia's Reminder Service was a popular feature, used by many. Perhaps I was mistaken.

-- Lee

Thanks
    I used the reminder service in the past and I haven't had a reminder email in quite some time. I don't remember ever unsubscribing. I only use OSI occasionally now anyway. I suspect that if you run it monthly without the reminder, you will be fine.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast