2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

CD-Writer Drivers

NO XP drivers for any HP CD Writers yet. Does anybody in the know have some idea WHEN they will be available? I am nearly at the point of buying another CD Writer in desparation but are there any that will work with XP out of the box?

Roger

ileacy

Re: CD-Writer Drivers

My LG CED 8120B 12/8/32 drive ran without a problem and was completely detected and setup by the installer.

To doublecheck I just used MusicMatch 7 beta on it. I needed to check out the new burn options anyway.

No problems at all.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I had the same problem, but after installing Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 with patch (see my post 89136 earlier in this section) everything is normal.
    By the way, Windows XP contains Roxio drivers, that conflicting with XP itself (sounds stupid, isn't it?). Please try to install the patch without Roxio software and post a note what's happen.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

This is one of the reasons for dual booting. I have not found any drivers from HP either. I started bugging them during the Beta1 build. They (HP) stated that they would have drivers shortly after the release of XP. Guess their definition of Shorty is a lot longer than ours.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I took your advice and went out and bought an LG 8160B. Bit tricky installing it and setting up Easy CD Creator 5.02b with XP upgrade but it is now going a treat. Consigned my HP 7200i to my Win98 computer where it works fine. It never did work properly with Win2000 and I could see nothing but grief trying to make it work with WinXP. On the subject of drivers....my HP Printer 930C works better with its Win2000 driver than with the XP driver; and the latest "Detonator" video driver on the NVida web site for my Nvidia TNT2 card works far better than the the one that comes with WinXP.

Roger

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My experience has always been that while making technically quality products, HP's customer service really sucks! All of my HP printers get services, when necessary, by small third party contractors do the job for us. It can really be frustrating if you need a driver, or something. This is a good issue to consider when buying any piece of hardware.

--Bob
    -Bob Harris
    "Seek Simplicity, Then Mistrust It!"