Lounger
    Thanks

Chrome/Win7-64/"Saratoga" user/Trojan???

So I noticed something odd today. I have been using Chrome on my Lenovo laptop. Today I noticed that there were 2 user accounts on Chrome (not on Windows 7). One was my account, and one was an account called "Saratoga" which had a horse's head as the account picture. The account was not logged in at the time. I most definitely have never created a "Saratoga" account. I deleted the account.

Has anyone else experienced this? A second user account being created without your knowledge on Chrome?

Q. Is this a trojan?
    One answer: I don't know yet, as it did not trigger any of my computer's security defenses. I don't see other issues that would lead me to suspect anything is amiss. Also, I've dealt with horse racing issues over the last six months. Not gambling sites, but sites for horse breeding, horse selling, due to a client of mine who had a horse in his estate and I had to help sell it. So it's not totally out of the ordinary that I would see horse stuff. But it seems highly suspicious.

Thoughts?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It seems to be a common problem with Chrome: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/XNnYpiQSvoM%5B1-25%5D

S
    aratoga seems to be one of the names that show up. I would say everything is probably ok, considering the info from the google forum and your own experience with the computer, that is, all seems to be normal, nothing amiss.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

alf hanna (2012-08-18)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I had done some searching on Google itself, but was unaware of the Chrome FAQ/Product forum. Still will be vigilant.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Running free but effective scanners, such as Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware won't do any harm, so give it a go if you feel like it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Got plenty of good software like that, none found anything. But a good idea for others to understand.