4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveX Listbox problems [2010]

Dear loungers,

I have a 2010 form that has a number of listboxes (up to 30), this seemed to cause problems when opened in 2003, and more than that the boxes positioning was sometimes erractic. In the end we decided to remove all macros and code and just have the boxes. So, in 2010, I created a new version of the form to be sure it was clean. Attempted to add the list boxes and on defining the ListFillRange got this error " could not set listcursor property". I have found some posts elsewhere which show others people have experienced this but it seems unexplained.

For speed I thought perhaps I would use a forms listbox rather than the activex control, but it doesn't have the tick boxes and is not so convenient for the end user.

Has anyone else experienced this, do we know why it happens, and more to the point can it be resolved?

Thank you........................ liz

Thanks
    ActiveX controls on worksheets should, in my opinion, be avoided if at all possible. They are prone to erratic behaviour including moving and/or resizing (there's an article here on ways to work around the issue). Can you use a userform instead?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh! that's interesting. I will try with a user form it's just not quite so slick!

Thank you................. liz