Thread: Epson P50

New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Epson P50

Hi, I'm having connectivity problems with my Epson Stylus Photo P50.
    Until recently I could use my printer with all application with both Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit & 64bit), but the connectivity started slowing down.
    I have finally stopped and nothing I can do will let me print to the printer. I have uninstalled, re-installed, disconnected and reconnected etc...
    I am able to send a test print to the printer and it registers on the 'whats printing' window but when the monitor says it has printed and closes the print job disappears from the 'whats printing' window but nothing comes out of the printer.

I connected the printer to a 32bit Windows 7 machine (which prints directly without any problems) and shared the printer on my home network but to no avail.

P.S. during the slow to connect period I tried the other computer direct approach with sharing and was able during that time to print albeit very very slowly.

Any ideas (I have downloaded drivers from Epson but this does not help!).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Often issues like this are caused by your printer spooler or drive fragmentation...

It's well worth defragging your system drive, increasing your hard drive capacity, etc...

There are also known issues with the print spooler folder being used as part of a malware attack so check your computer hasn't been infected too.

Thanks
    Do you have an XP machine on your network? If so, try installing the printer on the XP machine, and then sharing it from there.

This won't fix the problem, but it might at least get you printing.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Epson P50 Issue

Many thanks to you for responding.

The printer works from my first owned 32bit Windows 7 machine, but not the 32/64bit newer Windows 7 machine, and it is this latter machine that is now my workhorse.

I guess the answer must logically be because it is a 64bit machine.

Unfortunately this machine will not print either directly or through sharing by way of the 32bit machine.

I was surprise that I did not get any response from Epson however.

Thanks once again.