New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Ccleaner - Thoughts on a msg?

My MIL runs Ccleaner free edition. Keep in mind I'm in Florida, she's in New Jersey, so I can't see what she's seeing.

Runs the standard pre-set registry cleaner once a week. Recently this msg comes up when running the registry cleaner:

ACTIVEX /com issue

The COM component COMSFTArchiver Device Info references an invalid CLSID. These are often left behind after uninstalling the software.

Windows 7 Home edition. MSE. Malwarebytes paid version.

PC is approx 4 months young. It is a Dell and we removed all the bloat software that was loaded onto the system (same system as I have, same bloat removal, no issues on mine).

I'll be up there in October and would like to help this go away if I can. It doesn't appear to affect anything else - her PC performs just fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Shirley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Ccleaner Registry Cleaner is trying to do its job: "ActiveX and Class Issues - Removes invalid entries for COM/ActiveX object that refer to non-existing files."

The missing file (COMSFTArchiver.dll) and leftover registry entry probably belonged to a program called Dell Datasafe which may have been upgraded or uninstalled.

Bruce

Thanks
    If you want to see what's on your MIL's screen, try using Team Viewer or Logmein.
    I have fixed computers in Denver, Des Moines, and Los Angeles using these freeware apps.

Jerry