Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

IE8 Google redirected to Qandas.com How to get rid of it?

When I click on the results of a Google search I am redirected to Qandas.com. How do I get rid of this?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 1,061 Posts
    Try downloading Malwarebytes antimalware and / or SuperAntiSpyware and have them scan your computer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I ran Malwarebytes and that did not fix it. Now I will try SuperantiSpyware. I have also sent the information to Google support in hopes that they might fix it. I think I will abandon IE and try another browser.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Once you are done, check to see what search provider IE is using, if SuperAntiSpyware does not solve it.

Thanks
    Try clicking on Tools>Manage Addons and see if you find any reference to Qandas in Toolbars and Extensions or in Search Providers. If you do, disable it.

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    These are redirects FROM Google search results. It's a virus, not just a changed search provider. Try Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Bruce

Thanks
    Does it just happen with Google Search Results or when you click on any web page link?
    If this just started recently, you could try a System Restore to a date prior to the problem.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    SuperAntiSpyware did not fix it. Manage AddON does not show it. Google is the derault search provider and the only enabled provider. It only happens when I click on any of the Google search results. I switched to Google Chrome and it happens there as well. I will not try Malicious Software Removal Tool. I really appreciate all of your suggestions and I will keep trying them. I have not heard from Google support.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Surprisingly, there aren't many references to this malware. I can only find sites which don't seem incredibly reliable and offer tools to fix the issue, which I would not download.

It is also rather surprising that top rated tools such as Malwarebytes or Superantispyware can't fix this. I would probably try Emsisoft's Emergency Kit Scanner, too.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool did not remove it. All of my google search results are still being redirected to various ad sites. The only way I can use Google results is to copy the URL and paste it into the address line. Still no response from Google support.

New Lounger
    Thanks

My IE9 is doing the exact same thing!!!

I have the ghetto free AVG for protection. I haven't had any problems until this Saturday! My husband or my little Cousin was using my laptop while I was at work. When I got it back there was the Virus redirect B**S but of course nobody knows what happened & they swear they didn't download anything.
    I'm happy to see that the list has been narrowed down a bit for me. The last thing I think I should do is start downloading different things trying to fix it

MR.WINDOWS SECRETS GUY PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!!! I really really dont want to have reinstall my windows to get rid of this thing(LOL thats what I do when I have a problem I cant figure out or fix . . I just hold down the Handy Dandy Zero button while powering on my laptop ) Shoot I dont even know if that really fixes problems or if it just makes it so I cant tell the problems there anymore!!

Anywho .. . I am using Windows 7 Internet Explorer 9 PLEASE HELP

Thank you for your time

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am sorry you have this problem as well. I have not been able to get rid of it and I have tried all the suggestions. I don't know what else to try except rebuilding my system. I really dread that.

Administrator
    Thanks
    None of the top antimalware protection software seem to solve this.

The sites where I have seen info about removing this, to be honest, seem all pretty shady to me. I saw a suggestion to use TDSSKiller to solve the problem. Maybe try it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok I have a few questions. What if I (or we) cant find a way to remove or fix this thing? Is this thing slowly destroying my computer?

Is it on my computer for a reason,like to steal my info??

If I was to reset my computer using the "Hold down Zero while powering on my computer" to put it back to factory settings .. . . Would that remove it? Fix it? Or would that just cover up the problem??

New Lounger
    Thanks
    What do you know about a site called Fixredirectvirus.org? They claim they can fix the problem for $29.95. They also give instructions for a manual fix that looks pretty hairy to me. They mention files starting with TDSS.

Everything I have read calls this a rootkit and that it is the most difficult pc infection to fix. I guess the ultimate fix is to reload Windows from a cd. I am running XP SP3 but my cd is pre SP3. It will take days if not weeks to rebuild my system! What a bummer!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast