Lounger
    Thanks

Custom buttons in Word 2003 quit working

I created some custom buttons in Word 2003 to run my macros. The buttons quit working I now get a error. The macros are there and work if I run them from the menu. Is there an easy way to "reset" the buttons to these macros? So far I have only been able to create new buttons and delete the old ones.

Thanks,

Bret

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The easy way is to create new buttons and copy the button graphic across from the old broken button before deleting them.

In my experience, the buttons will break if you rename the project / module / macro path in the VBA environment. Did you do that?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks
    I was hoping there was a better way. Thanks. I have added some macros to a template and we received an update to the template which, meant I had to copy and paste my code into the new template. So, the buttons had quit working. I did as you suggested. I just knew there had to be some glamorous solution to make it much easier.

Any advice on how to maybe avoid this in the future with template updates? I also would like to share my macros with colleages but I'm not sure of how to send them the macros without having the same button issue.

thanks,

Bret

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As I said, the path to the macro is important to keeping the buttons working. If you moved the macros into a module or project with a different name then I would expect the buttons to stop working.

If you make sure the project name and module are the same as when the buttons were created then it would probably work again.

Using the VBA Editor to change the name of a project, first select the template in the Project Explorer and then change the name in the Properties Window. (Both these panels are available under the View menu if you can't see them on screen)
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia