New Lounger
    Thanks

Printer stops working after 8/15 Win 7 64 update

I read another post from RVERDICK that had a similar problem with the Win 7 64 update on 08/15/12 that I am having. The differences are my printer spooler only stops working every few days and I have been reinstalling it through the windows trouble shooting app. I also tried restoring back to an earlier date to no avail. I am running Win 7 64 on a Dell Alienware computer. I looked at the advise he received and my services were already STARTED set to AUTOMATIC start. I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thanks Karl

Thanks
    What make and model of printer, and have you checked the manufacturer's site for software/driver updates?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The printer is a Brothers MFC 7840W and yes I didn't mention I reinstalled the lastest drivers. What ever is happening is wiping out all printers. It even wiped out a generic one had installed which is still gone.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try uninstalling the updates from that date one by one and testing again after reboot. May then find what update caused it and can then hide the update next time it is offered if you make sure windows update is set to notify but not install to give you time to look at updates offered.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.