2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Selectively Missing IMAP folders

Can't get some newly created IMAP folders to show on my desktop machine in Outlook 2010. The folders show on my laptop in Outlook 2010; they show on my iPhone, and they show on the web interface my IMAP email provider offers. I’ve restarted Outlook; done “Update Folder List” countless times, and cold-rebooted my machine more than once. No joy.

Both machines run Win 7 Pro. Not using Exchange server. Confirmed mail server is IMAP, not POP3.

Any guesses?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

Auggie (2012-08-31)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That was the next thing I tried after "Update Folder List" button." No good. But IMAP Folders dialog box is consistent with what shows in the Navigation Pane.

Someone else suggested privately that “You might want to remove the view and create a new one.” But in attempting to edit a view or create a new view, I am given only options for the adjacent window that shows messages within a particular folder; I see no way to change the view of the Navigation Pane to manipulate what folders show in the Navigation Pane. Am I missing something?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's the solution, from TechNet: “The issue seems to be caused by the corrupted Outlook profile. You may need to create a new one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

It worked.

Thanks Bruce.