Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Can't connect to the Internet in any way or form

Windows 7----Computer stopped connecting to the internet about 2 weeks ago ---in any way or form-wireless-ethernet, etc. Windows does not connect to the network or internet because it can not load the drivers for the network adapters---it shows device mgr error 31 on all the network drivers for the network devices, except for one--a bluetooth device-see below. I also get the following error when I tried to open task scheduler "user_feed_synchronization [75f21ae7-4482-4183-a12e-5c82b8-13cf45]--task image corruption or tampered with".

Here is what I have tried so far, without success---tried to uninstall drivers through Device Mgr--- when I select uninstall it seems to go thru the motions, but it really does not uninstall anything. I haven't tried to delete the driver, because I have no way of getting another copy at this point,but I think it will not do that either. It will not update or roll back the drivers, because it says I already have the latest driver installed. I scanned the computer with Avast anti-virus and another rootkit kill program and they don't seem to find any virus or worm. It is a Dell Inspiron N4110 laptop. The wireless led light goes on for a short while and then goes out. I toggle it and it repeats the motion and then goes out again. All the network adapters on the list have the same 31 code and all do the same thing when I try to unistall them---They do not disappear from the active Network adapter list, that is except for one; Bluetooth device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI), which shows it is working correctly. When I uninstall its driver, it disappears from the Device Mgr list, until I reboot again.

There appears to be OS corruption---nevertheless, It will not let me restore to a previous configuration and it will not recover from the stored OS image in partition D. I don't have the discs for Windows 7 Home Premium--although I have discs for Win 7 Professional upgrade--would they serve for the purpose? I have not tried to use them.

I wonder if it has anything to do with some of the latest Window Updates--the computer belongs to a friend and he has the automatic update download and install activated

Thanks
    Open an elevated command prompt and type

sfc /scannow

and then hit Enter. Note the space.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Lounger
    Thanks
    I did that and received the message: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Thanks
    I don't have the discs for Windows 7 Home Premium--although I have discs for Win 7 Professional upgrade--would they serve for the purpose? I have not tried to use them.
    An ISO image of your OS can be downloaded here:
    Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River

I haven't tried to delete the driver, because I have no way of getting another copy at this point, but I think it will not do that either
    What exactly are we talking about here? What type of driver?
    There is always a driver to be had unless your setup is so antiquated they just don't exist anymore, which is in itself rare.

it will not recover from the stored OS image in partition D
    You'll need to restore any image you have from a bootable rescue disk if you are unable to do so from within the OS.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-08-31 at 00:47.

Thanks
    Hi mikethekey,
    If possible access your router and change the SSID & Password.
    Right click the taskbar icon to access 'Network and Sharing Center' go to 'Manage wired/wireless connections' and delete ALL.
    Open Task Manager and uninstall ALL under Network adapters.
    After rebooting the drivers will be reinstalled.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

Well--contacted Dell and found out the machine still has 3 mo of tech support left (it is not my machine-belongs to a friend). Dell was very helpful and willing to assist. They opened up a ticket and since we could not do a "factory recovery", they are sending me the Dell disks for a "manual setup" of the machine. I should be getting them in a couple of days--I'll let you know how I fare with the "manual setup" since the procedure seems somewhat complicated--at least to me.