theld

Email Address Book

I have a situation where an assistant is a delegate to her boss' mailbox, and has his contacts folder on her outlook folder list.

The boss is asking her on a regular basis to send 1 email to multiple people in his contact folder (not always the same group of people). Does anyone know of an easy way for her to select the necessary people? As far as I've been able to see, there is no mechanism to use the bosses' contacts folder as an email address book as you can with a public folder. And since we can't use it as an email address book, I can't automatically resolve the names or select the names from the pull-down menu (the one you get when you click on To).

We are using Outlook 2000 in C/W mode with Exchange 5.5.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email Address Book

open his contacts folder, select the messages (hold control or alt to select groups) and look on the actions menu. Should have send email. they'll all be in the to field.

drag and drop to move to cc or bcc.

also try dragging addresses to the to, cc or bcc fields of an open message. i get the addresses duplicated when i try it, so it may not work right for her either.

theld

I currently have her control-clicking on the names to select them, then using the Actions menu to create a new message. The problem is that the only way to scroll through the list of names without losing what you've already clicked on is to use the horizontal scroll bar. In a contact list of several hundred names, it's not only pretty tedious, but very easy to mess up. There has to be another way to do this! (sorry, frustrated!)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

unfortunately not. she could copy his folder to her mailbox and then it'll work as an address book. she'd have to keep it current with his.

i'd look at using views to reduce the display. start with filtering to show only contacts that have email addresses (advanced tab of filter) she could also use a different view some more show on the screen.

card view with only the file as and email address displayed gives me between 100 and 150 on my screen depending on the width of card column. only showing the file as name gives me 200 on screen.

if there is a common thing between the contacts, she could use advanced find, but i doubt this is the case unless using catagories or sending to everyone at a specific company[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] most every option available in advanced find could be used in view filter.