Thread: Adobe Flash

Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash

I have no problems installing the latest Adobe flash plug in for Firefox---the problem is there is no sound.
    ( audio works in all other applications )
    Normally, I run Firefox in Sandboxie, but there is also no sound when Firefox is not sandboxed.
    This has been a problem for a while.
    I've gone back to version 11.2.202.233 to get my sound back, but I'd rather stay up to date for security.

I'm running win7 Home Premium 64 bit on a HP p7-1026 with SP1
    For security
    MSE
    Windows Firewall set to advanced for outgoing control
    Super Antispyware
    MBAM
    and there are no positives on scans nor have there been any since the computer was new.
    I seldom instal or test software on this computer and am not aware of installing anything leading up to this sound issue.

Flash videos will play with a current update, just no sound.

Any Ideas?
    What should I be checking?

Thanks.
    Jack

edit: forgot to add, uninstalling the Adobe update and reinstalling the older version doesn't work unless I restore to a restore point just before the update and then reinstall the older version.
    Last edited by JackStone; 2012-08-31 at 08:11.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Flash player now has an entry in the "Volume mixer". Click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose mixer. Find the flash component and make sure is is not set on mute. Also try turning up the slider volume. If that does not work, get the flash uninstaller from the Adobe website and run that and then reinstall the latest version and recheck the mixer settings.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    Flash player now has an entry in the "Volume mixer". Click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose mixer. Find the flash component and make sure is is not set on mute. Also try turning up the slider volume. If that does not work, get the flash uninstaller from the Adobe website and run that and then reinstall the latest version and recheck the mixer settings.

Thanks, will give it a try

Lounger
    Thanks
    Solved:

The newest Adobe Flash update, 11.4.402.265, would run audio in Firefox when not run in a sandbox.
    Then updating Sandboxie 3.72 to the newest release, 3.74........ "flashplayerplugin 11.4.402.265.exe" was properly recognized and all is well for now.

Being only slightly behind in updates can obviously cause problems.

Thanks, ldb, for making me aware of the tie in with the sound mixer.
    Last edited by JackStone; 2012-08-31 at 09:20.