5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Excel sheet into Powerpoint

I have a powerpoint slide excel where I have tried to insert an Excel sheet as an object, but it does not look neat in Powerpoint. I would like to be able to insert the sheet so that its looks more professional

I have attached the powerpoint slide as well as my Excel workbook.

It would be appreciateed if someone could guide me as to the best way to insert the Excel sheet so that it looks more professional
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HowardC; 2012-09-02 at 01:17.

Thanks

Here are a couple of options

You can copy/paste the Excel information. When you resize the Excel object, use a corner handle and hold down the SHIFT key. This will keep the object in the same x/y proportions so that the text does not distort. Alternately, create a PowerPoint table and copy/past your Excel information into it. This gives it the formatting options of a PowerPoint table which allows for a variety of looks. You'll note I deleted the empty rows for better proportions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply and your help. Do I use the Shift key to resize the Excel object, after I have inserted the object or do I hold this down at the time of Inserting the object?

Regards

Howard

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Catharine

Thanks for all your help. I now know exactly what to do

Regards

Howard

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Try EzPaste

It will automate all your insertions from Excel

Avi

New Lounger
    Thanks

What about metafiles?

I always highlight the area in Excel that I want to show; Copy it to the clipboard; switch to PPT and Paste-Special. In the paste-as box, I select one of the Picture(...Metafile) options. Advantages: what you paste is a picture and so looks like it did in excel. Disadvantage(/Advantage): its only a picture - there is no option for someone else to see your excel and see how you actually derived your numbers (maybe good/maybe not).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I find that pasting pictures increases the file size and the quality is disappointing, especially for data (OK for charts), so if I have the time I paste it as a PPT table (without links), and then reformat to fit.

As well as resizing with the Shift key, which resizes in one/two directions, you can also use Ctrl-Shift on the corners which keeps the centre of the table/picture unchanged and expands in all directions.